Wednesday, March 5, 2014

                           Pharmacy Technician

Duties and Responsibilities:

  Pharmacy Technicians work in pharmacies under the direction of a pharmacist.  Technicians measure out correct amounts of medication from larger containers to prescription size containers. They also add drugs to intravenous solutions. They have to check inventories and ordering supplies, they Receive and check in the supplies.  They wait for the customers. They help keep the pharmacy place clean, they also help fill out the insurance form. They work in hospitals, clinics, and retail pharmacies.

 Average Salary:  $15,000 - $25,000

 Educational Requirements:

 Students should take math, science (especially chemistry), and typing courses in high school.
A high school diploma is usually required to begin pharmacy technician training.  Two year courses leading to certificates are available at most community colleges.  Six month programs are offered at privately operated schools.

 Reflection:

  I think I wouldn't want to be a pharmacy technician because all you do it help give medicine and I am more with working with the body and not give medicine they also don’t get paid well. I wouldn't want to be one because it seems very boring and I rather work in a hospital. These pharmacy technicians’ could work in the hospital but that’s not what I would want to do. I also don’t like the idea of cleaning like that’s very low inspiration. I don’t want to work in a place where I have to clean and get paid very little.


No comments:

Post a Comment